A damaged garage door can be a major inconvenience. While it may not seem like a big deal, it could lower your home’s curb appeal, especially if you’re planning to put your house on the market. Homebuyers love the curb appeal. If a potential buyer sees a dented garage door, for example, they’re likely to believe that there are other things in your home that are neglected as well. Here are a few garage door dent solutions to consider.
Garage Door Dent Solutions
Fixing small dents in your garage door is mostly a quick and easy fix, whether you choose to do it yourself or hire a professional. But, it is always important to complete it safely.
DIY Garage Door Dents Repair
Repairing dents in your garage door rarely requires specialized tools. The chances are you already have all the materials you’ll need around the house. There are several methods of fixing dents. Choose a method based on the materials you have at home.
You’ll need a rubber mallet, wooden block, paint and primer, patching material, fine-grit sandpaper, and putty knife.
- Wash the area with detergent and warm water then give it ample time to dry fully.
- Place the wooden block over the dent and even out the dent by tapping it with the mallet
- Sand the area to make sure it’s even
- Use patching material to cover the dented area and make it even using a putty knife. Give it some time to dry before sanding it down again.
- Apply the primer, let it dry and then paint.
You’ll need a heat source, aluminum foil, and compressed air.
- Wash the area with warm water and detergent and give it ample time to dry completely
- Cover the dented area with a strip of aluminum.
- Heat up the foil evenly using the heat source
- After about a minute, remove the foil and spray the dented area with compressed air for about 30 seconds.
Both methods are easy to do. If the dent is substantial, however, DIY solutions may not be enough
Get a Professional
When you have dents in your garage and the solutions mentioned don’t seem to help, consider seeking professional help.
Whether you have dents in your garage or need other door repairs, consider hiring a professional door repair company or technician. You want to hire an experienced company with the necessary knowledge to do the job right. Typically, a technician will diagnose your problem, suggest the best solution and give you a quote to fix the dent.
Once you’ve selected the best option, you can expect the technician to effectively complete the repair. Dents can be a small issue but they can easily escalate into major problems. When you’re dealing with a dented garage door, consider these garage door dent solutions. Make your choice based on the tools at your disposal and don’t be afraid to hire professionals when necessary. With the tips mentioned, a dented garage door shouldn’t be a cause for worry. With the right tools, you can have your garage door back to normal in no time.